6.08.2015

CORREGIDOR PHILIPPINES



Considered as the Fortress of Freedom, Corregidor is just an hour/more away from Manila, via ferryboat. First that came to my mind about this place when I am constructing this blog post was the horrifying “World War II”.









What always makes me “go” on a tour is the unique way of how a certain place amazes me through word of mouth. I actually felt like making a tribute of the past learning some part of the Philippine History. The island is divided into 3 sections: the “topside”, 'middleside" and "bottomside". A visit to this former battleground is a memorable experience and I recommend to those who cherish and value peace and freedom, that you avail the overnight package instead of the day tour if you want to relax and escape from the hustle and bustle of life.







I’m not best at talking about all the history of the island, and I honestly don’t remember most of the spots we’ve been so I also made a research for some reference of yours in case you would want to visit. 

Places of Interest in Corregidor:
 Malinta Tunnel
 Pacific War Memorial
 Filipino Heroes Memorial
 Spanish lighthouse
 Gun emplacements
 Eternal Flame of Freedom
 Aviary and Theme Park
 Filipino-American Friendship Park
 Barracks ruins

No comments:

Post a Comment